Medical Staff Award Scholarships
Graduating Union County Residents to Study Health-Related Majors
Five high school seniors who live in Union County and who plan to study health-related college majors received $1,000 Memorial Hospital Medical Staff Scholarships at recent high school award ceremonies.
The recipients are:
- Jessica Francis, a senior at Fairbanks High School, who plans to study nursing at Columbus State Community College and The Ohio State University.
- Karlee Basinger, a senior at Marysville High School in its Health Technologies Program, who has already earned her State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) certification, and is completing certification in Phlebotomy. She plans to study nursing at Ohio University.
- Angela McKenzie, a senior at Marysville High School, who plans to study Environmental Science, and is still evaluating her college options.
- Claire Wolfe, a senior at North Union High School, who plans to study nursing or premedicine at Otterbein University.
- Nikita Sathiaprakash, a senior at Marysville High School, who plans to study Neuroscience at The Ohio State University.
Angela, Claire, and Nikita have participated in the Memorial Hospital Student Volunteer Program. Jessica and Karlee have spent time in hospital departments, through a shadowing program that provides an opportunity to learn more about nursing.
The applications were submitted to the Union County Foundation, which administers the scholarships. The Memorial Hospital Medical Staff has awarded scholarships to area seniors for more than ten years.