Memorial Urbana Medical Center Opens
Yesterday marked the Grand Opening celebration for Memorial Health’s new outpatient medical center in Urbana, a $9-million, 30,000-square-foot facility located at the northwest corner of East U.S. Highway 36 and North Dugan Road. The center will be open for business beginning Monday, April 30.
“Memorial Health is thrilled to be celebrating with the Champaign County community as we open the doors to our Urbana Medical Center,” explains Chip Hubbs, President and CEO of Memorial Health. “Our continued investment in current and future patients of the region is connected to our goal to provide increased access to local, stable primary healthcare. Pairing high technology and best practices with our expert clinical teams, it is exciting to be investing at even greater levels.”
Memorial Health currently employs 21 staff members within the Memorial Primary Care │ Urbana office. The new facility will create 12 permanent local jobs, for an overall impact of 33 jobs in the Champaign County community. In addition, the building construction project created approximately 50 local construction jobs.
The new Memorial Urbana Medical Center features a state-of-the-art facility, home to many high demand services for area residents.
- Memorial Primary Care │ Urbana, Champaign County’s largest family practice features one physician board-certified in Family Practice, one physician board-certified in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, and two Family Practice physician assistants at your service. The health system is in the process of recruiting another Family Medicine physician to join the growing practice.
- Memorial Specialty Care Practices │ Urbana – patients can connect with specialists in the areas of
- Pain Management
- Ear, Nose, & Throat
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- General & Colorectal Surgery
- Medication Therapies
- Full-family Urgent Care offers convenient, affordable care for the entire family when non-emergency medical attention is needed. Open Monday – Friday 9 a.m.- 9 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- X-ray Imaging – digital radiology units for routine x-rays with less radiation, increasing patient safety.
- Lab Testing Services – a convenient location for a wide variety of laboratory tests to provide quick answers for you and your doctor about your health. Also offers patient-ordered lab testing (no physician referral needed) including 25 discounted tests and screens with results provided within 24 hours.
- Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine – advanced services and high-tech facilities for patients in need of Physical, Hand & Upper Extremity, and Speech Therapies in addition to Sports Medicine Services, Dry Needling Therapy, Vestibular/Balance Therapy, and Women’s Physical Therapy.
“Memorial Health’s new facility will offer our community even more options to choose expert medical specialists for their health care needs, together with a state-of-the art urgent care center for our citizens,” stated Urbana Mayor Bill Bean. “Memorial’s decision to further expand in Champaign County is greatly appreciated, as is the organization’s continual dedication to community support and volunteerism. I am looking forward to many years of excellent medical services provided by their team.”
Memorial will be leasing the facility from developer and building owner Hplex Solutions.