Memorial Receives Auditor of State Award
Ohio Auditor of State Keith Faber’s office has returned a clean 2018 audit report for Memorial Health. This marks the seventh year for which Memorial has received the Auditor of State Award.
“This award would not be possible without the hard work of the Memorial accounting team, and their focus and dedication to implementing fiscal best practices,” comments Jeff Ehlers, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. “Together our entire Memorial Health team celebrates a clean audit report, as it requires commitment from all parts of our organization.”
The Auditor’s office presents the Auditor of State Award to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Nearly 5900 entities are audited and fewer than 8% of all entities are eligible for the award. To receive the award, entities must meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office by the statutory due date, without extension, via the Hinkle System and in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weakness, significant deficiencies, Uniform Guidance (Single Audit) findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comment related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than the threshold per the Uniform Guidance
- Lack of timely annual financial report submission
- Bank reconciliation issues
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Findings for recovery less than $500
- Public meetings or public records issues
- The entity has no other financial or other concerns.