Memorial Health has announced it will implement several visitation changes at Memorial Hospital, Memorial Medical Group practices, and Memorial Urgent Care locations, noting the organization continues to frequently evaluate and adjust these policies based on current medical conditions and guidance.
Effective Monday, June 22, Memorial Health will implement new visitation rules. The policy was revised to support patients and their family in receiving care, while continuing to aid in the mitigation and spread of COVID-19.
Patients receiving inpatient care or surgery/procedures at Memorial Hospital, care at Memorial Medical Group practices, or evaluation/treatment at Memorial Urgent Care centers, will be permitted one visitor for the duration of their appointment/stay. These visitors must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have their temperature checked upon entering the facility and be free of COVID-19 symptoms, as well as not have recent exposure history.
- Must wear a face covering and maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times while within the facility.
- For admitted patients, each patient may designate one individual that will be allowed to visit. The visitor will be limited to a single visit between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and must enter via the MacIvor Entrance. In addition, the visitor must remain in the patient’s room, unless visiting the cafeteria or restroom.
- For patients who are suspected or confirmed for COVID-19, no visitation will be permitted.
- For surgical/procedural patients receiving services in the Heart & Surgical Pavilion, each patient may designate one visitor to accompany them to their procedure. The visitor must stay within the facility and remain in the assigned waiting area during the procedure/surgery, unless visiting the cafeteria or restrooms.
- For patients of Memorial Medical Group or Memorial Urgent Care, each patient is allowed one visitor, but patients are asked to evaluate the need for a visitor and only bring one if necessary for the appointment.
- Visitor restrictions remain in place for all other areas within Memorial Health, including the Emergency Department, Outpatient Services (lab, imaging, physical therapy, etc.), Memorial Hospital Outpatient Surgery Center, and Memorial Gables. In these areas, visitation exceptions will be made in the case of patients under the age of 18, end-of-life situations, and patients with disabilities.
To read the latest visitor policy updates, visit memorialohio.com/safe-care-during-covid19.