Memorial Hospital has announced the appointment of the organization’s new Medical Staff Officers for 2023.
Medical Staff Services is an integral part of the Memorial team that manages key systems and is responsible for maintaining compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies. They also develop and implement credentialing processes and procedures, and oversee development of and adherence to governance bylaws, department rules and regulations, as well as medical staff and organizational policies.
Medical Staff Leadership is responsible for promoting quality patient care and ensuring the professional and ethical conduct of the practitioners appointed to the Medical Staff. These officers must account to the Memorial Health Board of Trustees for overall quality, appropriateness, and efficiency of medical care.
The following have been appointed to the Memorial Hospital Medical Staff Leadership for 2023, under the direction of Chief Medical Officer Jason L. Russell, DO:
- President of the Medical Staff: Jeffrey W. Hazey, MD (pictured)
- Vice President of the Medical Staff: Michael D. Jordan, DO
- Secretary/Treasurer: Vincent E. Brinkman, MD
- Department of Surgery Chair: Adam Barker, MD, FACS, FASCRS
- Department of Surgery Vice-Chair: Timothy R. Lynch, DO, FAOAO
- Department of Medicine Chair: Justin K. Krueger, MD
- Department of Medicine Vice-Chair: Jay R. Gaglani, DO
- Credentials Chair: Charles Muncrief, DO