Health & Wellness
Six high school seniors who live in Union County and who plan to study health-related college majors each received $1,500 in Memorial Hospital Medical Staff Scholarships at recent high school award ceremonies.
These individuals are:
- Madison Chapman, a senior at Marysville High School, will be studying Psychology/Pre-Med at The Ohio State University.
- Jordyn Hoffman, a senior at North Union High School, will be attending either Capital or Tiffin University, and will pursue a degree in Nursing.
- Carly Kramer, a senior at Marysville High School, will be working towards a Nursing degree at the University of Cincinnati.
- Megan Melish, a senior at Marysville High School, plans to study Pre-Medicine.
- Lizzie Nicol, a senior at Fairbanks High School, will be studying Cardiovascular Sonography at the University of Rio Grande.
- Savannah Ward, a senior at Marysville High School, will be working towards her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of Tennessee.
Kramer, Melish, and Ward were also recognized, as they have participated in the Memorial Health Student Volunteer Program and collectively dedicated over 223 volunteer hours to Memorial since 2017.
All scholarship applications were submitted to the Union County Foundation, which administers the process. The Memorial Hospital Medical Staff has awarded scholarships to area seniors for fifteen years.