Schedule Your 3D Mammogram Today
Call to schedule (937) 578-7777
Ever get the feeling the universe is trying to tell you something? You know, when you constantly see things that remind you to get off your duff and take care of business? Well, as far as we can tell, it looks like the universe wants you to get your 3D mammogram ASAP.
Why 3D Mammograms Matter
Mammograms are truly the best defense in detecting breast cancer early. This is why it is so important for women over the age of 40, or those in high-risk groups, to have an annual mammogram. That’s also why Memorial Health uses advanced 3D mammography technology to make getting your mammogram faster, easier, and more comfortable.
We have all heard the stats. Like breast cancer affects nearly one in eight women in the U.S., and research estimates that regular mammograms have resulted in 30% fewer deaths from breast cancer.
However, the fear of pain associated with mammograms and even the mere thought of breast cancer screenings creates a feeling of uncertainty for many women. This causes many women to delay scheduling their annual mammogram altogether.
Our goal is to reduce that uncertainty and make your mammogram experience better, so you can take better care of yourself. That is why Memorial Health proudly offers advanced 3D mammograms through the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam.
This state-of-the-art yet simple exam:
- Produces extremely clear and precise images to give you more accurate scans, faster results, and less time spent wondering and worrying
- Can be taken at one of our three easily accessible locations with extended hours, for your convenience
- Ensures shorter appointments and increased comfort
- Is FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts
- Combines comfort with better, earlier breast cancer detection through high-resolution imaging
- Offers a SmartCurve™ system featuring a curved design that mirrors the shape of a woman’s breast, meaning pinching is reduced and uniform compression is applied over the entire breast for added comfort.
Mammogram images are promptly evaluated by one of our board-certified in-house radiologists after each patient appointment.
Appointments are available weekdays between 7:30 am and 7:00 pm and on select Saturdays.
Please call Central Scheduling at (937) 578-7777 to schedule your 3D mammogram appointment at one of our three Imaging locations:
Yes. The cost of a 2D mammogram is covered by all insurance companies under federal law. Coverage for 3D mammograms may vary by insurance carrier – Memorial Health can assist you with understanding your insurance provider’s coverage.
For women who do not have insurance, or those who need additional diagnostic procedures, Memorial Hospital may be able to provide assistance through the Breast and Cervical Cancer Project (BCCP) or Blackburn Chasing the Cure. You can contact (937) 578-6040 for eligibility information.
- Most often, the best time to schedule your mammogram appointment is for the week after your menstrual cycle. Avoid the week before your menstrual cycle if your breasts are usually tender at this time.
- If your previous mammograms have been at Memorial, we have copies on file, for reference. Otherwise, obtain copies (on disk, if available) of previous mammograms, and give them to your technologist at your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, we recommend that you do not wear deodorant, lotion, or powder under your arms or your breasts.
- Patients are welcome to bring their own deodorant to apply after a mammogram, but rest easy if you forget to bring your own: Memorial Health keeps deodorant stocked in-house to apply after your screening if needed.
- Your technologist will ask you to change into a gown and will briefly review your medical history with you. Please let your technologist know if you have noticed any changes or problems with your breasts (such as a lump or discharge).
- Next, your technologist will walk you through the process of obtaining your mammogram images. Memorial Health’s advanced technology allows us to speed up the time needed for each breast compression, and a large majority of our patients tell us that it’s not nearly as uncomfortable as they thought it would be.
- When the mammogram is complete, you will head back to your changing room to get dressed, apply deodorant/powders if needed, and prepare to leave.
- You can return to your normal activities immediately after your mammogram.
- The images will be “read” or analyzed by our in-house radiologists who will have access to both 2D and 3D images.
- A signed report will be sent to your primary care physician or referring doctor as part of your comprehensive care plan.
- In addition, our Imaging Department will send you a letter in the mail with your mammogram results and your screening results will be available on the Memorial Hospital Patient Portal.
- Sometimes the radiologist will have a question about what he or she sees on the original images and may request additional views to reach a definitive conclusion. Please know that this does not always indicate a problem with the exam, but in some cases, additional views and images are necessary for a thorough diagnosis.
- Getting an annual mammogram is key in the early detection of breast cancer. For that reason, Memorial Health will send you a reminder in the mail about a month before your next mammogram is due.
Memorial Hospital offers a host of additional services including
- Advanced imaging including digital mammography, ultrasound, and PET/CT
- Minimally invasive biopsy, lumpectomy, and mastectomy
- Breast cancer reconstructive surgery
- Medical oncology and chemotherapy
- Lab services
- Nutritional support and counseling services
- Financial services, including financial support from the Blackburn Chasing the Cure Foundation and the Breast & Cervical Cancer Project (BCCP)
- Free wig program, if hair is lost from chemotherapy
Marysville, OH 43040
Registration is located at Entrance F within the lobby of the Heart & Surgical Pavilion – please park in Lot F.
Marysville, OH 43040
Registration is located on the first floor in the Imaging Suite.
Urbana, OH 43078
Registration is located at the front desk on the first floor.