Assisting patients in the hospital and at home.
When you are admitted to Memorial Hospital, our Case Management staff get involved right away to ensure that a number of your needs are met.
- Evaluate the services you will need while hospitalized.
- Contact your insurance company for benefit information and pre-certification for services.
- Provide information and referrals to services to facilitate your discharge plan.
- Assess for and assist with financial, housing, medication and medical transportation concerns.
- As warranted, assist with advanced directives documents, such as living will, healthcare power-of-attorney, and resuscitation code status.
Our goal is to assist you in various ways to help you make a healthy, worry-free recovery.
We can help to plan your discharge and provide information about:
- Advance directives
- Assistance for crime victims
- Cancer treatment
- Hospice services
- IV/TPN services
- Medical equipment providers
- Medication assistance
- Medication Therapy Clinics
- Mental health resources
- Rehabilitation programs
- Short-term care, extended care, assisted living, or home healthcare
- Support groups
- Supportive care
Transitions of Care Clinic
If you are hospitalized, you can receive support services after you go home with our Transitions of Care Clinic, which may help prevent the chance of a return visit to the hospital during your recovery period. Our nurse practitioners join pharmacists on a clinical team that works closely with you while you are hospitalized, and after your discharge.
After your discharge, you may visit our Transitions of Care Clinic in the Medication Therapies Center for counseling and education.
We will evaluate your medications and develop an individualized plan and medication schedule. You will also receive assistance in scheduling important follow-up appointments with medical providers, and support in obtaining needed medications and services. You will also receive a physical evaluation after discharge to assess the progress of your recovery. Additional lab tests will be taken in the same visit, as needed.