Diagnostic and treatment services to help you breathe better.
If you have breathing or lung-related issues, Memorial Hospital’s state-licensed respiratory practitioners can provide a variety of quality diagnostic and treatment services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our staff experts collaborate with board-certified pulmonologists to deliver the very best of care.
A respiratory therapy team cares for infants born with breathing challenges, as well as adult patients with chronic or acute breathing or lung issues. We assist outpatient patients in our clinic and travel to inpatient floors for hospitalized patients.
Our respiratory therapy services:
- Ventilator management
- Pulmonary Function Testing (available tests include Lung Volume, Bronchodialator Response, Spirometry, and Diffusing Capacity)
- Holter Monitor
- Arterial blood gas puncture and analysis (to determine if patient is well oxygenated)
- Oximetry (measures the amount of oxygen in the blood to determine heart and lung function)
- Incentive Spirometry (medical device used to improve lung function, often after surgery)
- Chest physiotherapy (therapy to loosen secretions in lungs and respiratory tract)
- Bi-level ventilation or Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Therapy (delivery of oxygen through special masks, for patients with obstructive sleep apnea or in early stages of lung disease)
- Bronchial hygiene and bedside therapy (bedside respiratory exercise to recover swallowingfunction after a stroke)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Medication administration by various routes, including aerosol therapy
- Artificial airway care
- Intubation and extubation