Memorial Hospital’s Wellness Center will be open Adult Fitness beginning Monday, June 1.
In order to protect you, our other clients, and our patients, there are restart safety measures we need to follow on a daily basis. We deeply appreciate your understanding during this time. We know you have many questions as to what your experience at the Wellness Center will be, so please read the helpful and important information below.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday - Friday, 6am - 3pm (see special schedule below)
- Community classes and SilverSneakers are not available at this time, but we will reschedule them soon.
- Please park near and enter through the MacIvor or Heart Pavilion entrances. Immediately upon entry, you will be asked a few screening questions and have your temperature taken. Entrance C by Occupational Health will not be open to enter.
- To abide by social distancing, some equipment has been moved or removed. As a result, we can serve 20 clients during each exercise session.
- Exercise sessions have been scheduled for one-hour sessions – the time slots include:
- 1:45-2:45pm (this is the last session for the day)
- Based on our historical facility usage reports, if each client attends the session close to your usual exercise time, we believe we will have enough sessions for everyone. For example, if you usually exercise at 10:30am, you would attend either the 10am or the 11:15am session.
- Historically, Tuesday and Thursday tend to be less busy and may be good alternative days for you.
- Arriving late for a session will impact the amount of time you have to exercise. For example, if you arrive 20 minutes late, you have 40 minutes remaining to utilize the facility.
- Exercise sessions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommend that you arrive only a few minutes early to avoid crowding and abide to social distancing guidelines.
- The Wellness Center doors will be unlocked at the start of each session above to allow up to 20 individuals to enter.
- Please come dressed to exercise as the showers and lockers will not be available to use. However, restrooms will be open.
SAFETY MEASURES AND CLEANLINESS
- The Wellness Center staff will rigorously clean equipment between each one-hour session.
- In addition, you are responsible for cleaning equipment before and after each use, giving high-touch areas thoughtful attention. Cleaning supplies will be provided throughout the Wellness Center.
- Wearing is caring. For your safety and the safety of others, wearing a mask during your time at Memorial is greatly appreciated.
- We kindly ask you wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after entering and exiting the Wellness Center.
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation clients will receive care in another area of the hospital for their health and safety.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home. You may return to the Wellness Center:
- after 14 days from your date of exposure, if you did not develop symptoms OR
- a minimum of 14 days after symptom onset AND after you have been symptom-free for 72 hours.
Thank you for joining us and for your patience as we do our best to keep you healthy and safe. If you have questions, please call the Wellness Center at (937) 578-2580. We look forward to seeing you again!
Memorial Hospital wants to put a healthy, fit lifestyle within easy reach for everyone in our area, so our Wellness Center is open to the public.
Our exercise physiologists will work with you to develop a customized program – whether it is for fitness or cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation. They are on hand to take your pulse or blood pressure readings, if requested, and results may be sent to your physician upon request. To provide the safest environment for exercise, all staff are trained in Basic Life Support and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
The Wellness Center at Memorial Hospital combines a variety of exercise equipment with exercise classes and health education opportunities for children over the age of eight through seniors. We offer:
- State-of-the-art aerobic and strength training equipment including treadmills, elliptical, step and rowing machines, recumbent and Airdyne bicycles, Biodex machines for balance training, and weight stations.
- Approved SilverSneakers®, Silver&Fit®, Active&Fit, Healthy Contributions, and Optum Fitness Advantage exercise facility and classes
- Health education classes
- Locker rooms and shower facilities
- Personal training packages for an additional fee
When you join, you will first make an appointment for your health assessment, which will include a medical history review and an overall health screening to record your weight; blood pressure; chest, waist and hip measurements; flexibility; and body composition. Additional evaluations may be scheduled to measure your progress and incorporate updates to your personalized fitness program.
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation and Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs are provided in the Wellness Center, and offer customized and supervised exercises which will provide benefits for these chronic conditions. Our staff will collaborate with, and provide reports on your progress, to your doctor. A physician’s referral is needed. Contact us at (937) 578-2580 for details.
Memorial Hospital’s Wellness Center offers a supervised exercise therapy program designed to treat PAD patients.
Peripheral artery disease (PAD) results from clogged arteries in the legs and increases the risk for heart attack, stroke, amputation, and death.
Here are the PAD warning signs:
- Leg muscle pain that happens when you walk but goes away with rest
- Foot or toe pain at rest that often disturbs your sleep
- Skin wounds or ulcers on your feet or toes that are slow to heal
This service is covered by Medicare and uses prescribed exercise to improve the patient’s quality of life and walking duration that usually has been severely diminished by PAD. Key elements of the program include up to 36 sessions over a 12-week period with each session consisting of therapeutic exercise training specifically for PAD patients. A referral from a physician is required to be enrolled in this program. Call the Wellness Center at (937) 578-2580 for further information.
Assessment - $62
1 Month - $58
3 Months - $128
6 Months - $230
1 Year - $415
Senior (Single) Age 60 +
Assessment - $60
1 Month - $50
3 Months - $115
6 Months - $215
1 Year - $400
Parent +1 Dependent Child (8-23) OR Married Couple
Either or Both Age 59 or under
Assessment - $120
1 Month - $102
3 Months - $230
6 Months - $420
1 Year - $750
Senior Married Couple
Both Age 60 +
Assessment - $115
1 Month - $92
3 Months - $210
6 Months - $385
1 Year - $740
3-4 People Same Household
Assessment - $195
1 Month - $145
3 Months - $340
6 Months - $575
1 Year - $900
Additional person over 4
Assessment - $50
1 Month - $50
3 Months - $115
6 Months - $185
1 Year - $260
Contact us for information about the following opportunities at (937) 578-2580.
- Memorial Hospital is an official partner of SilverSneakers®, Silver&Fit®, Active&Fit, Healthy Contributions, and Optum Fitness Advantage programs, which are covered by some insurance carriers. To learn more, contact us at (937) 578-2580.
- Employees of Union County receive the same price as a senior single.
- Through our Shared Member program with the Union County Family YMCA, Y members pay the standard initial assessment fee, then a nominal fee per visit.
- Volunteers for Memorial Health may buy a membership and receive twice the length purchased after volunteering for at least three months (minimum six-month membership must be purchased).
- TWIG Members receive a 10% discount (minimum six-month membership must be purchased).
- HCAP is available for uninsured/underinsured Cardiac & Pulmonary rehab. The Adult Fitness Program does not qualify for HCAP.
Monday through Thursday: 6 am - 7 pm (Fitness and Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
Friday: 6 am - 4:30 pm (Fitness and Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
Saturday: 7 am - 11 am (Fitness only)
Your health and wellness are our priority at Memorial Health. And we can come to you, or be present at your health fair or event.
Learn more about how we can provide educational materials or clinical services by contacting the Wellness Center at Memorial Hospital at (937) 578-2580, or email email@example.com.