You’ll never have a job that pays like this one.
Some of the people who make the biggest difference in the lives of patients don’t earn a penny for their time, talent, and energy. And we could never place a dollar value on their contributions.
Their official title is Volunteer, but what describes them best is “irreplaceable”.
Whether they’re part of our fundraising, members of the Memorial Auxiliary, or volunteers at Memorial Hospital or Memorial Gables, these men and women makes a difference to the patients and staff they serve.
To show our appreciation, we offer some perks for our volunteers
- Free meals
- Free annual flu shot, free TB test (if applicable)
- Discount on Wellness Center membership (after 3 months of service)
- Annual awards banquet
- Volunteer vest provided
To become familiar with Memorial and its policies, all volunteers attend the same orientation as our new employees. A background check is also performed to ensure safety for all.
How to Apply to be an Adult or Student Volunteer?
Apply online (see links to the right) or pick up a paper application in the Volunteer Services office at Memorial Hospital (use Morey Entrance A, turn right and pass through the double doors, our office is located on the right side of the hallway).
Daytime on Weekdays
At Memorial Hospital
- Information Desk
- Patient Care
- In-house Messenger
- Driver or runner for Memorial Meals delivery
- Assistance in departments, as needed
At Memorial Community Meals Locations
- Lunchtime assistance at locations in Marysville, Richwood, or Plain City
At Memorial Hospital Outpatient Surgery Center
- Reception Desk
Daytime on Weekdays and Weekends
At Memorial Hospital
- Memorial Auxiliary Gift Shop
At Memorial Gables
- Activities Assistant
We guarantee there’s a department or a project that can’t get along without you.
Join the Memorial Volunteer Team and make a difference!
We are accepting applications for our Student Volunteer School Year Program. Completed applications are due July 15, 2017.
The deadline for the Student Volunteer Summer Program is March 15 (session runs from June through August) and the deadline for the Student Volunteer School Year Program is July 15 (session runs September through May). You must be at least 14 to apply.
The application process includes:
- Complete online or paper application
- Parent Meeting – parent or guardian will attend to learn more about volunteer program, volunteer opportunities, and student expectations
- Interview session – students will attend interview session and turn in required forms
- References - Students Volunteer Applicants are required to submit two reference forms provided by Volunteer Services or available here
- Orientation – Attend orientation for an introduction to hospital policies
- Attend assignment specific training and begin volunteering
All previous Student Volunteers will be contacted early in the calendar year inviting them back, as long as they met the minimum requirements the previous summer. Once you confirm your desire to return, you will be asked to complete a Returning Student Volunteer packet. If you have not received your packet, please contact the Volunteer Services at (937) 578-2336 or email us
All returning volunteers are required to have a TB test and complete retraining.
Memorial Health Volunteers are valuable resources. We are grateful for all that you do! The following information contains helpful links and details that you may need as you volunteer.