Dr. Douglas S. Skura Medical School Scholarship
The Dr. Douglas S. Skura Scholarship is intended to defray costs of tuition, lab fees, and text books while working toward the attainment of either a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.).
- Applicant must currently reside in Union County, Ohio; have graduated from a high school in Union County, Ohio; be employed at Memorial Hospital (Marysville, Ohio); or be an immediate relative of an employee at Memorial Hospital.
- Applicant must demonstrate medical school acceptance and enrollment or current enrollment in an accredited medical school toward a M.D or D.O. degree.
- Recipients will receive a scholarship at a minimum of $1,000. The scholarship can be renewed up to three years, but applicants must re-apply every year.
- The awarded scholarship funds will be sent directly to the school and applied to meet student academic expenses (tuition and fees).
- All documents should be submitted by March 1 of any year to be considered for the academic year beginning in July of that same calendar year. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicant is responsible for submitting the following:
- Completed application
- One-page, typed statement focusing on the following:
- The applicant’s career aspirations for medicine.
- How the applicant intends to utilize a career in medicine in the service of others.
- Where the applicant intends to practice medicine upon completion of schooling.
- How the applicant stands out from others.
- Cover letter
- First year medical student enrollee – Official undergraduate transcript and proof of acceptance to medical school
- If a current medical student – Official undergraduate transcript and official medical school transcript
- One academic recommendation and one personal recommendation
- Completed and signed recommendation waiver form
- Copy of MCAT score
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) – Financial need will be a consideration in the review/award process.
Completed application forms and other supporting documents should be emailed as a PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line “Doug Skura, MD, Scholarship.” Please include your last name as part of the file name.
Recommendation forms may be emailed directly from the evaluator to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Skura RF (Student Last Name).”
The applicant is responsible for the completeness of the application and meeting the deadlines outlined in the application. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Memorial Health Foundation at (937) 578-4272 to ensure their applications are complete and the office has received transcripts, letters of recommendation, and all necessary documentation.