Health & Wellness
Seven high school seniors who live in Union County and who plan to study health-related college majors received $1,000 Memorial Hospital Medical Staff Scholarships at recent high school award ceremonies:
- Emma Armstrong, a senior at Marysville High School, will be attending The Ohio State University and will pursue a degree in Health Sciences.
- Joie Carr, a senior at North Union High School, plans to major in Communication Sciences and Disorders with a minor in Neuroscience at Bowling Green State University.
- Kalor Greve, a senior at Fairbanks High School, will be studying Nursing at Ohio University.
- Katelyn Harris, a senior at Fairbanks High School, will be studying to become a Family Nurse Practitioner at Capital University.
- Ava Lopez, a senior at Marysville High School, will be working towards a Nursing degree at the University of Cincinnati.
- Paige Trent, a senior at Marysville Early College High School, plans to study Athletic Training at Marietta College.
- Jacquelyn Witt, a senior at Marysville High School, plans to study Nursing at Northern Kentucky University.
Kalor Greve, Katelyn Harris, and Paige Trent were also recognized, as they have participated in the Memorial Hospital Student Volunteer Program and collectively dedicated over 621 volunteer hours to Memorial since 2017.
All scholarship applications were submitted to the Union County Foundation, which administers the process. The Memorial Hospital Medical Staff has awarded scholarships to area seniors for fourteen years.