Health & Wellness
Memorial Health has announced it will implement several visitation changes at Memorial Hospital, Memorial Health medical centers/service locations, Memorial Medical Group practices, and Memorial Urgent Care locations, noting the organization continues to frequently evaluate and adjust these policies based on current medical conditions and guidance.
Effective Tuesday, February 16, Memorial Health will implement new visitation rules. The policy was revised to support patients and their family in receiving care, while continuing to aid in the mitigation and spread of COVID-19.
The new visitation policy states:
- For admitted patients of Memorial Hospital, each patient may have one individual that will be allowed to visit and the visitor may change each day. The visitor will be limited to a single visit between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and must enter via the Memorial Inpatient Pavilion (Entrance A). No re-entry is permitted. In addition, the visitor must remain in the patient’s room.
- For patients who are suspected or confirmed for COVID-19, no visitation will be permitted.
- Maternity patients of the Memorial Miracle Life Center may have one designated visitor that will be allowed to visit throughout the patient’s stay.
- For patients receiving outpatient care (procedures/surgeries/testing/imaging/therapies) at Memorial Hospital or at a Memorial medical center/service location, each patient is allowed one visitor, but patients are asked to evaluate the need for a visitor and only bring one if necessary for the appointment.
- For patients of Memorial Medical Group or Memorial Urgent Care, each patient is allowed one visitor, but patients are asked to evaluate the need for a visitor and only bring one if necessary for the appointment.
- Visitor restrictions remain in place for Memorial Gables, as determined by the Ohio Department of Health.
- In addition, visitation exceptions will be made in the case of patients under the age of 18, end-of-life situations, and patients with disabilities.
- Visitors to Memorial Health must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have their temperature checked upon entering the facility and be free of COVID-19 symptoms, as well as not have recent exposure history.
- Must wear a face covering and maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times while within the facility.
To read the latest visitor policy updates, visit memorialohio.com/safe-care-during-covid19.