Nutrition for a healthy you.
If you want to educate yourself about healthy eating, our dietitians at Memorial Hospital can assist you!
Whatever your health needs or goals, the registered dietitians at Memorial can collaborate with you to evaluate and provide a customized nutrition program for you to:
- Lose weight or gain weight.
- Manage a chronic health condition, such as diabetes, heart disease, or kidney disease.
- Support your sports-related needs.
About Insurance Coverage
We encourage you to check with your insurance carrier to verify whether this is a covered service under your health plan. If you plan to have us bill your insurance carrier, we must receive an order from your physician prior to your appointment, including a diagnosis and/or a request for a dietitian consult. If you plan to self-pay for nutrition counseling, a referral is not necessary.
Monday through Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
For information, call (937) 578-2442 or (800) 686-4677, ext. 2442.
To make an appointment, call (937) 578-2020. Physician office referrals can be faxed to (937) 578-2019.
Athletic Performance Nutrition
Eating to Win
As you strive to achieve your athletic and fitness potential, don’t forget that you need to properly fuel yourself as well! Regardless of your age or fitness level, your nutrition is important to maintaining your athletic performance. Every athlete has unique nutrition and hydration needs in addition to the goals for their physical athletic performance. Our Athletic Performance Nutrition Dietitian is trained to help you develop a customized nutrition plan which may include:
- How to eat and hydrate before, during, and after your particular workouts or competitions
- Proper timing of meals, the importance of varying foods, and the key to moderation
- Optimizing the carbohydrate and protein for your body type and sport
- A meal plan that addresses any food allergies or intolerances you have
- Assistance in developing a better relationship with food that allows you to fuel your body adequately
- Eating for muscle recovery after an injury
- Addressing any medical conditions that affect your performance and how nutrition can play a role in managing them
Join our dietitian for a consultation and you will learn more about:
- Ways to increase stamina and endurance to keep you performing at your best
- Gaining muscle for increased strength and power
- Losing body fat to help you make weight or become lighter on your feet
- Insights on how to start making better food choices and tips for buying and preparing foods
- Balancing your meals with whole foods instead of supplements
- Why consuming more protein does not ensure gaining more muscle mass
- Using supplements or sports foods and knowing what is safe and effective
Pricing of $50 for a one-hour consult and a free follow-up session that must be scheduled within six months of the original consult date. For more information, or to schedule an initial consultation, contact Sarah McClanahan, MS, RD, LD, CPT at (937) 578-2455.