If you are admitted to Memorial Hospital, you will find that our culture provides warm and comfortable care – in addition to excellent medical treatment. Our doctors, nurses, technologists, staff, and volunteers collaborate to make your hospital stay as stress-free as possible for you and your family.
Our patient rooms are universal, meeting a variety of patient needs, from observation and medical/surgical to critical care. This design allows more critical care patients to be cared for at a given time, decreasing the need for transfer to other facilities. Many room features were designed to give you and you caregiver an optimal experience and they include:
- Spacious windows allowing natural sunlight to pour through and a dual blind system giving a barrier to the sun or blocking it out completely
- Converting couches that transition to beds so that patients can now enjoy the comfort of a loved one staying overnight with them
- Patient beds with the ability to weigh a patient while they lie in it
- Full, private bathrooms with no-step entry showers for safety
- Individualized temperature controls to best meet cooling or heating preferences of patients
- A lighting system with different types of light including ambient, reading, and clinical examination
- A variety of delicious, nutritional options delivered by our Food & Nutrition Team.
Transitions of Care Program
We provide support to help prevent return visits to the hospital through our Transitions of Care program. Patients with certain conditions will be visited in the hospital by a Transitions of Care nurse practitioner, who will provide guidance for a continuing recovery after you are discharged. Participants can attend follow-up visits to receive additional support at our Transitions of Care Clinic located at the Medication Therapies Center.
For the protection of our patients, please avoid visiting if you are ill or have a cold or flu symptoms.