Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Evaluation and treatment for all ages.
With 206 bones and approximately 650 muscles in the adult body, it is no wonder that our musculoskeletal system serves as our body’s framework. It provides support, posture, and stability, in addition to facilitating movement. We need it, and we need it to be strong and injury-free.
But alas, we know that pain, injury, or dysfunction is almost unavoidable. When these problems arise, seeking treatment from a team who specializes in orthopedics is your best option. Standing ready is our team from Memorial Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. The Memorial Orthopedics & Sports Medicine practice will help you navigate your needed care and treatment with the right type of doctor. Our practice has six providers, including orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine doctors, who will work with you for personalized care for a full spectrum of orthopedic care.
- What is Orthopedics? Orthopedics is an area of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and rehabilitation of injuries and diseases within the musculoskeletal system – which ranges from bones, cartilage, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and other connective tissue.
- What is Sports Medicine? Sports medicine is a subspecialty of orthopedic medicine that deals with the physical fitness, preventive care, and treatment of injuries related to sports and exercise. This specialty also treats who have suffered an injury and are trying to regain full function. It is not just for student and professional athletes!
Initial appointments with our team can be scheduled within 48 hours! So, whether your joint and bone problems result from a sports-related injury, or are age-related, our orthopedics specialists use their extensive experience and expertise for diagnosis and treatment of a number of conditions, including:
- ACL reconstruction
- Arthritis-related joint issues
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Back or neck pain
- Carpal tunnel and trigger finger
- Chronic pain in the joints and bones, particularly in the neck, knees, elbows, or back
- Hand and foot surgery
- Hip, knee, and shoulder replacement surgery
- Injury prevention
- Joint injuries and reduced motion
- Non-surgical and surgical fractures/broken bones
- Meniscus injuries
- Over-use injuries: stress fractures, tendonitis
- Pinched nerves
- Rotator cuff and meniscus repair
- Sport physicals/return-to-play for student athletes
- Strength training recommendations
- Ultrasound-guided injections
Non-surgical treatment options are always considered and tried first. A close partnership with Memorial’s Physical Therapy team allows many concerns to be corrected without a visit to the operating room.
If surgery is required, you can rest assured you are in the good hands of our expert team of orthopedic surgeons. With decades of experience, we stay on top of the latest techniques and medical devices.
We will work with you to determine the solution that best fits your unique situation. We provide comprehensive total joint care, combining high-technology diagnostics, a team of specialists who take the time to understand you, and the rehabilitation experts that will get you back on track.